Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thoughts on GE 570

Overall, this was one of the most informative classes I have taken in regards to education.  I never knew there were so many angles that could be taken when instructing students.  Sometimes as teachers, you tend to forget that innovation and an imagination can go a long way.  Throughout this class I have realized that teaching is a learning process very much like the lessons we are responsible for.  We learn from our mistakes, then use them to better ourselves and become more effective.  
Another eye opener for myself was the amount of technology that is available for cognitive growth.  It does appear that many districts are timid of the idea, but many of the programs shown great promise in being affective.  We must remember that technological programs will not be implemented to replace to performances of teachers, but rather to compliments their strategies and thoughts.  I am excited to see the programs that will surface in years to come.
Lastly, I just wanted to say that I could tell that everyone in class makes contributions to the profession of education in some way.  Just by meeting everyone a couple times per week, I was able to tell that everyone shares that special passion that all educators should have.  I have learned from all of you in some way, and I thank you for that.
Thank you once again and have a great summer. 

No comments: